Thursday, March 19, 2009

BEAUTY PRESCRIPTION - MARCH EDITION













LUSH COSMETICS
After working at Lush for a short stint of time during college, I encountered a large range of animal advocates, vegans, and eco- save the planet –customers. Before winter time, I was pre-warned by my past manager, to think twice before wearing any type of clothing made of fur to the store. Out of fear that our more radical- animal loving -buyers would jump me, I heeded to her advice. I’m a huge animal lover, although I’m not kin on judging those who feel differently and wear authentic furs. I’m not a vegetarian or PETA member, but I do believe in respecting all of God’s creatures.

Needless to say, Lush specializes in 70% vegan, and 100% vegetarian products for bath, hair, and body. Lush promises the most nutritious, and optimal healing products through using the freshest- natural ingredients, and minimal preservatives.
My personal favorites are:
Solid Soaps in - Rockstar and Honey, I Washed The Kids
Bath Melt- Melting Marshmallow



CARGO COSMETICS - GOES GREEN

The PlantLove™ professional collection consists of natural and organic ingredients.




Plantlove™ Botanical Lipsticks $20



Beauty to GrowTreat your lips to incredible color with these environmentally friendly lipsticks (some of which were created by celebrities) with biodegradable lipstick tubes.







Haute StuffHeat up your look with these naturally sizzling shades for eyes, lips, and cheeks. Infused with natural botanicals and housed in biodegradable packaging, it's the PlantLove™ quality you love with a little help from the elements.








Magic DustThis high-performance loose powder foundation uses certified organic and natural ingredients like corn starch, jojoba seed, and olive fruit oils to give lasting healthy benefits to your skin, as well as sheer coverage to hide imperfections.



No comments:

Post a Comment