Friday, March 6, 2009

FEBRUARY EDITION

Editor's Thoughts


February is the month of love. When I think of true love, I think of God, my parents, my family, friends, and my gifts. No matter whom I’m dating, my parents will always be my favorite and most dependable (laugh) valentines. Around this time, I can always expect a beautiful card in the shade of pink, mauve, or red, with caramel-chocolates, and cushy teddy bears packed inside a big box postmarked by the Hixons. I absolutely adore and admire my parent’s relationship. I can only hope for a valentine and a husband only ½ as wonderful as my pops, and I strive every day to be at least a portion of the woman that my mother is. They are truly spectacular- Black love at it’s best.

In addition, I am absolutely madly in love with, and cuckoo- nuts about art, music, cosmetics, and fashion. As a matter of fact, I’ve had a love affair with them as long as I can remember. My parents have always done a great job of investing and fostering the gifts of both my sister and I. I have always felt free to be myself, and to be the person that I was placed on this earth to be. Art, Beauty, Fashion, and Music- Call me cocky, but I consider myself extremely gifted in all of these areas, and I plan to use each and every one of my talents accordingly. When you know that you’re good, it’s owed to yourself to be a little ostentatious. And if you’re not confident in your own gifts, how do you really expect other people to believe in your dreams?

“ If you don’t use ‘em , you lose ‘em,” as I’ve heard many wise older people say. I know that our destinies are distinctly tied to our gifts, and that true happiness and joy can be found in making the best use of them. Life is way too short, to be unhappy. So a life chock-filled of purpose and love, is truly the only way to be fulfilled, and to really live.


Please submit all comments, and Q & A (questions and answers) to ubbelle@hotmail.com or chixon@ebony.com.



Loves of my Life - Family










No comments:

Post a Comment