Thursday, March 19, 2009

CELEBRITY FACELIFT - MARCH EDITION

There’s No Place like Obama-Land

I am a happy new resident of Chicago, the official Obama Land. I work on 820 Michigan Avenue, directly across from a hotel where our President frequently holds press releases and meetings. He even came to our building for a photo shoot in January! But since the 8th floor editors felt like hogging him for the entire time that he was allotted to be present, no one else got to meet him.

To make matters worst, …….during the beginning of his campaign in 2007, he made a pit stop to Tallahassee for a fundraising event. I was enrolled in classes at Famu for a short period after Hurricane Katrina, so I decided to skip a few of my morning classes to get a glance of Barack O. I waited for about 2 hours outside of the event location, and just as soon as I packed up and shuttled off in my silver cavalier back to campus….I received several joyous phone calls, about how I just missed B.O.. To say the least, I’m a little peeved. Why do I keep mis-encountering Mr. President? I know that it’s not your fault, President Obama. I’m sure that you would love to meet and shake the hand of every single one of your supporters, especially ME.

Our first lady, Michelle Obama, is everywhere, and I’m loving it too- from the cover of O magazine, to the New Yorker. First Tyra Banks, and now, Alicia Keys, is paying homage to Mrs. Obama. Imitation is truly the biggest form of flattery, and who could blame them?



















Alicia Key’s looks adorable in the new Vitamin Water ads!

No comments:

Post a Comment