Tuesday, March 3, 2009

CELEBRITY FACELIFT




The Skorpion Show








My favorite YouTube show of the moment is “The Skorpion Show”. Two rambunctious characters, Skorpion (Kevin) and Makael, from the suburbs of Philly, give us our daily dose of celebrity gossip, political controversy, and family outbursts of –“ if I have to get up, it’s going to be trouble!” . The setting of the show is the Skorpion’s childhood home, where his mother and other daily guests make a pit stop through to voice their opinion, holler out to Beyonce, or just to make a dash to the kitchen for a snack. Skorpion’s honesty and down-home nature, has grown the attention of Britney Spears, Michelle Williams, and even mediatakeout.com. I must admit – during my first interview with Skorp and Makael, I was a bit star-struck ! I giggled and screamed like a little school- girl- teeny bopper. That let’s you know, that these guys have star power, and pizzazz! But I’ll let you figure that out for yourself:






Makael: You sound like my friend , Alicia

Well, Alicia must have a sexy voice.

Makael: I wouldn't say all that ! (Laugh)

How did you and Makael meet and become friends?

Skorpion: Well, Makael and I were friends on myspace for 2 years, and our nephews knew each other from modeling. I wrote a comment (on myspace) about Beyonce, and he would respond with a bad comment about Janet Jackson. So I invited him to come on the show, and it went from there.

What made you decide to host and create a show?

Skorp: Well, I never thought, "I'm gonna do a show on youtube." I recorded a grammy video about Amy Winehouse and Britney Spears, and that one video got about 25,000 views.

WOW!
Skorp: Yeah, and I was reading the comments, and people said that I was funny, and that I should have my own show. I had a fake microphone in my hand, while I was doing my little commentary. People were loving what I was doing. I still wasn't convinced yet, that I should do my own show. It was just me going on youtube- singing songs, and acting a fool. Then I really started doing more and more videos, and people started subscribing....and it went from there.

That's very impressive! 25,000 views in your first video? Weren't you on Britney Spear's website at sometime?

Skorp: Yes! It was about the MTV special- Britney Spears for the record. One of the webmasters must have liked my video, b/c he posted it on their page.

WOW, what were you saying? Was it negative or positive about Britney?

Skorp: It was positive, b/c I looked at Britney Spears in a different way. I had my perception of her, and after watching the video, I really started to like her. She just wants to be normal so bad.

Makael were you on the Britney video too?
Skorpion : Makael? Makeal?
Makael? I think we lost him (laugh).
Skorpion: I know he didn't hang up! I'm gonna try to call him..oh wait, he's beeping in.

Okay (laugh)

Makael: Hello, ....hey I'm so sorry. I lost service at the place where I was at. I could hear you saying my name, and I'm like, "hello", why can't they here me? So now, I'm standing outside on the porch b/c I don't want to lose service anymore.

Is it cold there?

Makael: It's alright. It's barable.

Ok, b/c it's cold in chicago. it's about ....


Makael: Oh no, it's not Chicago weather. That's for sure. (laugh)


Well, as long as you're ok. I appreciate the extra-effort- going outside in the cold.....cuz uhhh .

Makael: Yeah, I'm so sorry.

It's ok. So makael, were you on the Britney video?
Makael: No, I wasn't on the Britney video.

Were you on the mediatakeout video? I think Skorp was mad about the Janet tour on that one.

Skorpion: (Laugh) I was very upset, b/c she kept cancelling her tours. She was playing with everybody's money and emotions. People were spending money...getting their nails done, hair done, buying outfits, and sneakers.....they go to the venue, and find out it's cancelled. Come on? You couldn't even make a statement yourself . It just made me upset.

I can understand that. Did you get money back?
Skorpion: I got money back, but not all of it. My ticket was expensive - $250.

Ooh, ya'll have the long paper in Philly. I need to be there then (laugh).

Skorpion : (Laugh) NO, it's not long paper......

Oh , yes it is.
Are you in college, and if so, what are you studying? How old are you guys?

Makael: No, I'm working. I'm.....well, I like to tell people that I'm 19.
Skorp: I'm not working or in school. 24

Okay ( laugh)

How do you decide and research your daily topics?
Makael: Ummm, usually if something big is going on......Kevin will call me, and I can research the internet all the day at work. Or vice versa, if I have a topic, I'll tell Kevin. Some people think that we're reading from a script, but we're not.

Skorp: I'll write my topics down ahead of time, but we pretty much go all over the place and spend as much time as we want on a topic. It's just like when any of your friends and you sit down and talk and gossip. That's what we do. We just do it in front of the camera. It's a lot of fun.

Well, I think a lot of it is y'all's personalities. What do you think draws such a large audience to your show?

Skorp: A lot of manipulation ( laugh) too....you have to have headlines that make people want to watch it. You add tags,and people find us when they're sometimes searching for something else. Like my recent Miley Cyrus videos.....

What do you think of the Miley Cyrus situation?

Skorp: What do you think, Makael? Makael? Makael? I'm gonna try to recall him.

Makael? I think we lost him again (laugh)

Makael: Hello...Kevin... my phone keeps going in and out...

Skorp: Well, we're talking about the Miley Cyrus thing and the squinty eye faces...

Makael: Yeah, I heard that part......I'm ready to throw this I- phone across the street! But I can't because this is the only phone that I have (laugh). Imagine if I was talking to Beyonce, I mean... (laugh)

Ok well, listen ...you'll never believe where I'm standing at....

Where?

In the Chinese store, and they're looking at me like I'm crazy..(laugh)

WOW!

I'm so sorry . Hopefully it won't happen while I'm in here..... I think that people are trying to capitalize on it, because there's an asain guy in the picture. When I saw it, I just that they were being goofy.

Skorp: I think it's silly. Anything that she does, they're gonna talk about it.

While we're on the celeb topic, do you think that Chris Brown really assaulted Rihanna?

Makael: Umm, I think both were wrong. It didn't just pop up in his head , ...to beat the crap out of this girl. I think he was antagonized and provoked, but I'm not saying that he was right. There are 2 sides to this story. People are jumping on Rihanna's band wagon, before anyone really knows the true story. It's really unfortunate......they're both really young, and a lot of young people go through stuff like this every day . Being in the spot light, makes it such big news. If it was me , no one would think twice about outting it in the newspaper or CNN.

Unfortunate that it happened, and I'm not taking anyone's side. I think that they both had some wrong doing...but I'm not sure whether we'll ever really know. Neither one of them is really coming out and saying anything.

I was looking for the assault pictures, but I couldn't find them.

Makael: No, they haven't been released yet.

I feel so bad, because they're both so talented. Both are gonna lose a lot of fans.

You think both?

Makael: Yeah, Chris fans will turn on Rihanna, because she called the cops- kinda stupid to think, but they will. He'll probably lose more fans than her though. They both brought each other fans.

He lost his endorsement w/ Wrigleys...

Makael: and with Got Milk. They were sponsoring his party here this month, but they cancelled it.

While we're on endorsements, would you ever star in a syndicated realtiy show?

Skorp: Oh wow, no reality show. Well, it depends... if it involves d-list celebs, then that's a no (laugh) . A no-no. If I'm a regular citizen, then yes.

No, I love Skorpion dating show?

Skorp: Ah- ah (Laugh) no,no

Would you ever produce or direct a talk show? Would you make the set or backdrop of the show, similar to your own home?

Skorp: Like the man and wife show! A lot of people want us to do that. I just don't know. Honestly, I'm still getting comfortable w/ my family being around....if you're trying to get your point across, and you have family members trying to jump in. .... I'm better with it now though. Sometimes I don't like it, but Makael loves it!

I love when your family is in the background, and you're like, " If I get up, it's gonna be trouble!" And then Makael does his line- "I don't leave here." Do your line Makael! Makael?

Skorp: Makael? We lost him again. I'll try calling him back.

I keep getting his answering machine, so we'll continue.

I loved the Kelly Rowland and Beyonce skit. It was hilarious!

I'm a perfectionist, so I'll record over and over sometimes. But if Makael is here, he won't let me.

You threaten Makael w/ the stop button sometimes (laugh).

We haven't gotten into heated debates. None in the last 2 monthes, so I haven't had to push the stop button. It can get too heated sometimes.

Why'd the channel get cancelled before? Profanity?

No, although I'm working on that. Copyright violation- after 2 , they close your channels.

I like to flip through some of the older videos.

I'm still not ready to upload the old ones again- that's the past, and this is our new channel.

How'd you come up with your name, Skorpion?

Kevin is my real name, plus my sign is a scorpio..so I mixed the 2 together.

Since your YouTube fame, what’s been your most exciting moment?

I love being recognized in public. One time, I was taking out the trash, and some guy was like ,"You got the skorpion show, right? Yeah, I watch that." (laugh)

Tell us about your relationship with Michelle Williams. Is there anything about her that we don't know?

Umm, the things that she's talked to me about .....she doesn't expose to the media. I love her though! She's really talented..and it shouldn't just be about one group member, you know? Biggest selling female group of all time, and only 1 person gets the spotlight? It shouldn't be like that.

And Kelly has to learn to stop talking about Beyonce! When Beyonce has her interviews, she's seldom talking about them (laugh).

If you could fulfill your BIGGEST dreams, what would it be?

Hosting a show.


February 14th is quickly approaching, so who’s going to be your valentine? Any special plans?

No, I don't have time for that ( Laugh) .



Thanks,
Courtney






Daily Celebrity Dosage - MY THOUGHTS

Chris Brown and Rihanna Drama

Okay, so when I first heard about the alleged assault…..I was shocked and couldn’t believe it. Matter of a fact, I still can’t believe it. Chris Brown was the ultimate sweet- guy with an all around- innocent appeal, that made most girls (and women!) want to swoon. He was, at the young age of 19 , emerging into an international pop/ R&B star, with paper-long endorsements from Milk, and Wrigley’s gum. I’m 25 years old, and I must admit that I had an extensive crush on the young whipper-snapper, and against my usual lime-wire incriminating habits, I went out and purchased his most recent cd. (and that rare occurrence has only happened for Beyonce, Jay-Z, Britney, and Kanye for the past 3 years).

As for Ms. Rhi- Rhi, she definitely needs to give her clothing and hair stylist an A+ on her progress report, along with a considerable pay raise, for her new bold hair cut and this out- of the- blue sense of fashion. Never mind whether she can sing, her image and her style has bolstered her to the top of the charts, with irresistible- head knobbing, body convulsing electro-tech beats of "Disturbia", and “Please Don’t Stop the Music”.


Both stars were easily on their way, in such a cute fairy-tale relationship, that most would only dream of having and then ………..I don’t know what happened. Regardless of what occurred, I still believe that many of Chris Brown’s fans will still love and support his music, regardless of his personal life and the accusations...... but a few of his female fans , in some strange way, may blame Rihanna for everything. As for his younger fans who need their parent’s approval and funds to make that purchase, Chris might run into a BIG problem there.

Rihanna’s fan base will probably continue to grow in support of her time of need. Most people want serious charges pressed against Chris, but this all depends on Ms. Rihanna, of course. Rightfully so, Chris will probably not get another album purchase from her fans, but has brought tremendous attention to the state of our country on domestic abuse and violence issues. It should be taken very seriously, whether your abuser is a man or a woman. If you're in an abusive relationship, you can call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) for help or someone to talk to.

Rihanna’s Assault Pictures Released


Oh my gosh! After seeing the newly released assault photos of Rihanna, all readers can totally disregard any sympathy felt towards Chris Brown in the previous article. One pop would have been somewhat defendable , considering that they were both throwing bows’, but he full on- opened a can of whoop, mixed with kyah! Then he bit her!


How do you bite someone? Unless you're really hungry and live in a small indigenous tribe, there really should be no reason for it. Plus, Mc Donald's is 3 blocks away from any location that you may be at. I can't believe that our little Chris did this. He should go ahead and start preparing his national PSA's, and dishing out the mullah( BIG TIME) to charities, and women's abuse centers. I'm still not sure whether anything, can fix his career after this, ......unless he does a gospel album. It always works for R. Kelly, when he's in a kiddie loving - legal bind. Most faithful church people ( God bless 'em!) will eat up anything stamped with Jesus, and remorse. They will go out and buy your album, give donations for your rehab treatment, and offer forgiveness. What else could you ask for?




Chris Brown is Even Crazier Than I Thought...as More of the Story Unfolds

MediaTakeOut.com just caught wind that the detective who interviewed Rihanna after the assault had his notes leaked to the press. Here's how FOX 11 in Los Angeles is reporting it:

Rihanna read a three-page text message on Brown's phone from a woman. An argument ensued and Brown allegedly tried forcing Rihanna out of the car but couldn't because she was wearing her seat belt.

Brown then allegedly shoved Rihanna's head against the passenger window. When Rihanna turned to face him, Brown punched her, then continued punching her while driving. Blood spattered all over Rihanna's clothing and in the interior of the car. Her mouth was filled with blood.

Brown allegedly told Rihanna, "I'm going to beat the **** out of you when we get home. You wait and see." Rihanna called her assistant and left a message saying, "I am on my way home. Make sure the cops are there when I get there."

Brown then replied, "You just did the stupidest thing ever. I'm going to kill you."
According to the report, Brown continued to punch Rihanna, bit her on her ear, her fingers and put her in a headlock -- she almost lost consciousness.




Miley Cyrus and the “Silly Face” Pictures?


Miley Cyrus is silly and a lot of ridiculous! As a celebrity, it’s already understood that everything that you do is under a microscope. You are an example for thousands of fans, and viewers around the world. You can’t afford to make unscrupulous mistakes, because your image , career, and money are all on the line. So I can’t rap my mind around, why Miley Cyrus would think it was okay to make so called ,“silly faces”, that are offensive, and rude towards Asian Americans.

Since I was a kid, I have always known certain things that you just don’t do, ….unless you want to tick a whole bunch of people off. The “N” word is totally impermissible for any white person to think or say, never refer to Native Americans as Indians, and you definitely don’t make squinty stretched- eye faces, for the fun of it. Although I am extremely offended, I don’t think that she should be sued for 4 billion dollars (the current amount). Should she have her contract with Disney revoked or suspended? Yes. Should she make an apology? Absolutely.









No comments:

Post a Comment